European Schoolnet launched a STEM Careers Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) entitled Opening Minds to STEM Careers.
The MOOC aims to train and empower teachers to introduce and attract young students to STEM career paths from an early age. The MOOC is a collaborative effort of three different projects namely SYSTEMIC, Scientix and STEM Alliance.
The course will run for 8 weeks starting Monday 3rd April 2017. The following themes will be explored during the course:
1. STEM Careers in schools and in the job market.
2. STEM Careers pathways.
3. Career induction activities, materials and guidelines.
4. Gender stereotypes in STEM education.
5. How to balance the roles of teachers, mentors and parents.
6. Benefits of external school-to-work programmes.
7. Career orientation events on STEM education.
Each participant will receive digital module badges for each completed course module and a course certificate on successful completion of the whole course.
Interested teachers are kindly requested to register by accessing the link http://bit.ly/STEMcareersMOOC.
The promotional package for this event can be found here.